Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Lesson that I learnt from Kung Fu Panda 2!


I just came back home after watching Kung Fu Panda 2! I was actually at the cinemas 1 week ago and was severely disappointed to know that it was not released here in UAE although internationally it was released on 26 may! I decided, thats it! I am not gonna watch this stupid movie! (I watched part 1 and it was pretty awesome too!)

The movie revolves around the characters, the Po(Panda) and the Lord Shen(Peacock). Both have had some pretty rough memories of their pasts as kids. Lord Shen's parents tried to control his hunger for power as he was getting in the dark side, but he took it as a sign of hatred from his parents. His parents die anyway once they ask him to leave the town due to his evil doings, they feel awful about being away from their kid and they die.

Okay, i am not here to write the entire story but this is important, a fortune teller predicts the end of his evil that would be done by a panda. He destroys the area where Po and his community lives, his mother leaves him in a basket and runs away so that he is safe. In this movie, he realizes that he doesn't know who he is anymore, because he has the flashbacks of his past. Eventually in his journey throughout the story he realizes what really matters and when he is confronted by Lord Glen he says :
You got to let go of the stuff from past, because it just doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what you choose to be now. - Po
It hit home with me for a simple reason, which is the lesson behind the movie which i thought was very profound. Not many people might find it so fantastic as i am portraying it now but see here's the thing, the few people in my life who are very close to know that i have a really REALLY tough time with not letting things go or dwelling in the not-so-nice past events.
So my lesson is pretty clear, although I do try every day not think of past events and all but somehow they just come back. But, watching this movie and watching how this message is played out throughout the entire journey of Po in this part made me realize that letting go might be difficult but it is okay, what really matters is that you keep trying because if you don't then you end up becoming the person you hate the most. Now I know that some might think it is just a movie and I have taken it wayyy too seriously, but for me it hit home and I can relate to ,it in many ways. I am sure many people can actually, if they just look inside themselves they would realize that they need to let go too, to heal, to get done with it, to stop being afraid.'
Both, the characters had issues with their pasts, but in the end their outlook determined what they chose to be.
Po's master Shifu says this really inspirational quote : "Anything is possible when you have inner peace"
Sometimes, you just need to tell yourself ''Its time''... ''Easy now... It is hard but you can do it slowly''

1 comment:

  1. I just watched Kung Fu Panda 2, too! It's an inspirational and fun movie. I loved the little things I heard about inner peace and saw about love.

    Totally agreeing with you, love,
    Fida xx

    ReplyDelete