Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A moment of it can ruin the most special relationships


You know what i am talking about, that one moment when your ego just cannot take the fact that somebody has done/said something and when you don't retaliate, you know you just cannot take it.

So, what happens after that one moment of anger? ah, you know the usual drill, dislike for that person, or never speaking to them again and if you happen to be a softie, you start talking again but with that moment permanently engraved at the back of your mind.

Where exactly am i leading all this to? Well, here is the thing. You are a human and fine! sometimes you can just lose it, i wouldn't forbid that but hey! what if i show you something that can help?

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

"I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannahfor one who has good manners.''

[Abu Dawud]


Yep! you know THAT really helps me A lot sometimes. Because i have a lott of anger issues and i just cannot take it, if i don't retaliate i would cry for a loong time, plus i get depressed. No, good.
I don't have a problem in saying ''Sorry'' even if it is not my mistake but that condition is only reserved for the ''Special Few'' in my life.

So, what is my solution to this problem? Patience. Du'h! And I should be the last person talking about it but trust me i have practiced it sometimes and it does wonders!


No comments:

Post a Comment